Wall of Light (Spell)
- Level: Druid 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A large flake of mica, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One wall segment five feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The wall sheds bright light to a range of 60 feet in all directions. This wall blocks line of sight to all visual senses, but not line of effect. Creatures with abilities that lower light intensity may still see through the wall.
- Any creature that passes through the wall must save as defined above or they suffer (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of light (energy, uncommon) damage. If they make their save, they take only half damage.
- The Wall completely fills a number of squares per casting as detailed above. The wall is always rounded, allowing creatures to cut the corners when trying to move around it. Once placed, the Wall is fixed for the duration.
- While the Wall must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. Choose squares that are occupied by the Wall and place them in a continuous shape as desired (corner to corner or edge to edge). It is possible to create cylindrical or square wind walls to enclose specific points.
- If cast multiple times, several castings can be 'joined together' to create longer or taller walls. Each five foot long and ten foot tall segment created can be placed side to side or above an existing segment, and they join together to form a seamless barrier.
- It need not touch the ground or any other surface, although doing so makes it more difficult to go around. The wall must be continuous and unbroken when formed, namely, all squares for its length must be unoccupied. Certain movement types, such as Flight, Vaulting, or Burrow may circumvent its effects.
- This wall is immune to hit point damage, but can be Sundered. Roll a Sunder check against the Maneuver Defense of the caster. Each five foot section of Wall has a Durability of 1. It can be Dispelled or Disjoined, in which case the entire wall is dismissed. A Darkness (Spell) serves to negate it automatically.