Wall of Sound (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tuning fork and a quartz crystal, together worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One wall segment five feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You entreat the wind to speak...and it does! A translucent barrier of pure sound springs into existence. This wall is silent except for a faint hum, but bursts with discordant noise when touched by an object or creature.
- Any creature that passes through the wall must save as defined above or they suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of sonic (energy, common) damage. If they make their save, they take only half damage.
- The Wall completely fills a number of squares per casting as detailed above, and counts as difficult terrain. The wall is always rounded, allowing creatures to cut the corners when trying to move around it. Once placed, the Wall is fixed for the duration.
- While the Wall must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. Choose squares that are occupied by the Wall and place them in a continuous shape as desired (corner to corner or edge to edge). It is possible to create cylindrical or square wind walls to enclose specific points.
- If cast multiple times, several castings can be 'joined together' to create longer or taller walls. Each five foot long and ten foot tall segment created can be placed side to side or above an existing segment, and they join together to form a seamless barrier.
- It need not touch the ground or any other surface, although doing so makes it more difficult to go around. The wall must be continuous and unbroken when formed, namely, all squares for its length must be unoccupied. This wall does not break line of sight except for hearing-based senses, or line of effect in any way, although it is completely obvious to any visual or hearing sense. Certain movement types, such as Flight, Vaulting, or Burrow may circumvent its effects.
- This wall is immune to hit point damage, but can be Sundered. Roll a Sunder check against the Maneuver Defense of the caster. Each five foot section of Wall has a Durability of 1. It can be Dispelled or Disjoined, in which case the entire wall is dismissed.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- This charge can support multiple castings of the same spell, the charges merging into one another.