Wandering Star Motes (Spell)
- Level: Bard 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Illusion (pattern)
- Elemental School: void 4
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sprinkle of sparkling powder, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), creatures you choose within spell range, all within 30 feet of each other
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You softly sing the phrases of this spell, the gentle words and sounds like a lullaby, the sweetness of the melody disguising the might of the magic lurking within.
- You sprinkle glittering dust toward your targets, and the gentle magic creates sparkling motes of bright light that shoot toward the target(s) and swirl around it in a complex pattern. The pattern clearly outlines the target and radiates light as if it were a Sunrod, negating any concealment for the target and making Stealth Skill Rolls impossible. The target must make a saving throw as defined above.
- If the target fails its save, it suffers (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of stellar (energy, rare) as the radiance of the sparkling motes etches its form, and it is dazzled for 1 round. If it makes the save, it suffers only half damage and is not dazzled.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.