Wave Shield (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of beach or river sand, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you are about to attacked by fire or physical blow, you blurt out a wet, formless syllable and snap your fingers, scattering a pinch of sand. You immediately create a rushing torrent of water in the rough outline of a shield, so quickly it forms before the incoming attack can land. The water protects you from one physical or fire attack, granting you DRx/Common and ER x/Fire equal to your caster level plus the effective spell level on that attack. Once the spell has reduced the damage of one attack against you, it is discharged.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.