Wave Shield (Spell)
- Level: Druid 1, Paladin 1, Ranger 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of beach or river sand, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you are about to attacked by fire or physical blow, you blurt out a wet, formless syllable and snap your fingers, scattering a pinch of sand. You immediately create a rushing torrent of water in the rough outline of a shield, so quickly it forms before the incoming attack can land. The water protects you from one physical or fire attack, granting you DRx/Common and ER x/Fire equal to your caster level plus the effective spell level on that attack. Once the spell has reduced the damage of one attack against you, it is discharged.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.