- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Conjuration (creation)
- Elemental School: wood 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A spider web, carefully stuck to a piece of velvet, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) in a 10 foot radius area (a 5 x 5 space within range)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You hiss the sibilant phrases of this spell almost under your breath, the chittery sounds of a spider freighting your voice. Web creates a many-layered mass of strong, sticky strands. These strands attempt to trap those caught in them. The strands are similar to spiderwebs but far larger and tougher. These masses must be anchored to two or more solid and diametrically opposed points (Blocked squares) or else the web collapses upon itself and disappears. Creatures caught within a web become immobilized by the sticky fibers. Attacking a creature in a web doesn't cause you to become immobilized.
- All creatures in the area of effect when the spell is cast must make a save as defined above. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the immobilized condition, but can break free by the standard methods described in that condition. Note that the webs are not affected by Spell Resistance.
- Until the end of the combat, the entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain to any and all movement that enters the area, including flight and teleport. This effect does not allow a saving throw or spell resistance, and cannot be made selective.
- If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.
- The strands of a Web spell are flammable. A weapon with the Flaming (Magic Property) can slash them away as easily as a hand brushes away cobwebs. Any fire can set the webs alight and burn away one 5-foot square in 1 round. All creatures within flaming webs suffer the Singed condition for one round, dealing fire (energy, common).
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- Note: The charge of this spell is laid upon the caster, not the targets.