- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Illusion (phantasm)
- Domain: madness 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A handful of marbles, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), no two of which can be more than 50 ft. apart
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cast this spell in a high, sing-song tone, your voice warbling strangely as the potent magic warps it. You scatter a handful of marbles, and lay a Weird upon a number of creatures nearby.
- If cast only upon enemies, Weird causes all enemies to treat their allies as enemies and their enemies as allies for purposes of flanks and provocation of attacks of opportunity. A saving throw made as above negates this effect.
- If, however, the caster of Weird chooses one of their allies as one of the targets of the spell, and that ally fails their saving throw (which they may choose to do), then none of the actual enemies are allowed a saving throw. Even worse, the ally creature is affected by Weird, and now provokes attacks of opportunity from players and grants flanking bonuses to enemies. All affected enemies treat the ally as their ally until the Weird is broken, allowing the ally creature to move among affected creatures without penalty, gain benefits from the enemies effects as if it was an enemy, etc.
- At any time, the ally creature affected by Weird may choose to end the Weird effect by making an attack of any sort upon one of the enemy creatures affected by Weird, or upon any of the allies of the affected creatures. Doing so causes the terrible illusion to be dispelled and the revelation of the appalling truth inflicts (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) of fictive (energy, uncommon) to all enemy creatures affected by Weird and returns all creatures to normal. This allows things like precision damage to combine with the Weird's fictive damage to bypass any resistances on the unlucky creature attacked.