Whip of Spiders (Spell)
- Level: Bard 2, Druid 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Conjuration (summoning)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M/DF (a square of red cloth)
- Range: 0 ft.
- Target or Area: whiplike swarm
- Duration: 1 rnd/lvl (D (see text)
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You summon hundreds of diminutive spiders, which cling together in the form of a War Whip made for a creature of your size. You can wield this object as if it were an actual whip, except you make a melee Touch Attack with it instead of a regular attack. Any creature you strike with the whip takes swarm damage as if it were attacked by a Swarm, Spider (1d6 points of damage plus poison and distraction). The swarm whip is able to damage creatures with armor or natural armor, even if a normal whip could not. It cannot be used to make Bull Rush, Grapple, or Trip attacks, and (unlike a swarm) is subject to a miss chance for concealment and cover.
- The whip is immune to all weapon damage, is never staggered or reduced to a dying state by damage, and is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as Disintegrate (Spell)). The whip takes half again as much damage from spells or effects that affect an area, but since it is considered part of your gear, it takes damage only if you fail a saving throw on a 1 or if it is specifically targeted by an opponent. The whip does not have a swarm's susceptibility to high winds.