Wind Wall (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Ranger 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Domain: air 2
- Elemental School: air 3, wood 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny fan and an exotic feather, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One wall segment five feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak in rapid, gusty cadence, vigorously fanning a feather in your hands, directing the wind thus created to form a small, intense, sustained blast where you wish it. A vertical curtain of wind appears, vapor and dust fountaining. It is intensely compressed, and completely fills a number of squares. The caster must define at the time of casting if the effect is rounded (allowing creatures to cut the corners when trying to move around it) or squared (creatures cannot cut the corners to go around it.)
- This roaring blast moves vertically as seen by the caster when cast, and remains fixed for the duration. It is of strength sufficient to blow away any bird smaller than an eagle, or tear papers and similar materials from unsuspecting hands. (The caster may make a Caster Check against the Maneuver Defense of creatures affected, to see if any light eligible objects are affected.) Size Tiny and smaller flying creatures cannot pass through the barrier. Loose materials and cloth garments fly upward when caught in a Wind Wall. Tiny or smaller creatures treat the squares of a Wind Wall as Impeded Terrain, Large or smaller creatures treat the squares of a Wind Wall as Difficult Terrain. Some movement types (Burrow, Teleport, or Vaulting, for example) may be able to bypass the walls effects, depending upon circumstances.
- Projectiles (such as arrows and bolts) from any direction that pass through a wind wall are deflected upward and take a -2 penalty to hit, while any other normal ranged weapon passing through the wall takes a -1 to-hit. (A giant-thrown boulder, a siege engine projectile, and other massive ranged weapons are not affected.) Gases, most gaseous breath weapons, and creatures in Gaseous Form (Spell) cannot pass through the wall (although it is no barrier to incorporeal creatures).
- While the wall must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. Choose squares that are occupied by the Wind Wall and place them in a continuous shape as desired. It is possible to create cylindrical or square wind walls to enclose specific points. If cast multiple times, several castings can be 'joined together' to create longer or taller walls. Each five foot long and ten foot tall segment created can be placed side to side or above an existing segment, and they join together to form a seamless barrier.
- Wind wall does not block line of sight except to sound and scent-based senses. It does break line of effect for objects small enough to be tossed upwards by the spell (as detailed above), but larger objects, and creatures sized-small or larger, still have line of effect. Fireball, for example, is blocked, but Contagious Flames is not.
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Acid Fog (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Nauseating Trail (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.