Winds of Vengeance (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Evocation
- Subdomain: wind 9
- Elemental School: air 9, wood 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A spiky fish skin, tautly inflated, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The wordless sounds of this spell are a high, keening refrain, sounding like a rapid wind, which fades into the sound of actual wind cocooning you, your clothes flapping briskly in your own private tornado. You surround yourself with a buffeting shroud of supernatural, tornado-force winds. These winds grant you a Greater Flight speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability. Neither your armor nor your load affects this fly speed.
- In addition, in combat, as a standard action, you may explosively dismiss the effects of this spell to devastating effect. All creatures, friend or foe, within 30 feet of your space (typically a 13x13 square if you are size medium) are lashed by a nigh-solid blast of supernatural winds. This blast inflicts (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of buffeting (physical, uncommon) to all creatures to whom you may trace line of effect. Once dismissed this way, the spell effect is ended. If you dismiss it in mid-air, you fall and take normal falling damage unless you have other measures in place (Feather Fall or Bouncy Body or the like.)
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Nauseating Trail (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Acid Fog (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Paladin Spell), Mind Fog (Paladin Spell), Fog Cloud (Ranger Poultice), Mind Fog (Bard Spell), Fog Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Nauseating Trail (Alchemist Extract), Stinking Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Barrow Haze (Cleric Spell), Plague Storm (Cleric Spell), Nauseating Trail (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Druid Spell), Fog Cloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Plague Storm (Druid Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.