Your ancestors have always shown an affinity for the most esoteric expressions of magic. Pure arcane power runs in your veins as your birthright. Your inborn skill means that you don't have to concern yourself with spellbooks and tedious memorization to twist the knowledge of magic into your aura, no. Your aura carries the imprint of power indelibly from the day of your birth, just waiting for you to discover it.
A sorcerer with this bloodline gains a bonus Natural Talent in the Knowledge (Planes) skill. Natural talent skills can have any ability modifier added to them, in place of the ability modifier they normally use. In addition, natural talent skills never suffer from an Armor Check Penalty, even if the assigned ability modifier is STR or DEX.
Upon gaining a 3rd level in the sorcerer class, and at every odd-numbered sorcerer class level thereafter, the sorcerer's bloodline provides them a bonus spell known, in addition to the spells known granted by the sorcerer class. These bonus bloodline spells do not increase the number of spells the sorcerer may cast per day.
- 3rd: Magic Aura
- 5th: Codespeak
- 7th: Embrace Destiny
- 9th: Bells
- 11th: Dispel Magic
- 13th: Enervation
- 15th: Overwhelming Grief
- 17th: Astral Projection, Lesser
- 19th: Sending
- 22nd: Antimagic Field
- 24th: Eyebite
- 26th: Insanity
- 28th: Project Image
- 30th: Ghosthowl
- 32nd: Astral Projection
- 34th: Etherealness
Upon gaining a 4th level in the sorcerer class, the character may choose one bonus feat from the list below. The sorcerer's bloodline grants them additional bonus feats for every 5 sorcerer class levels beyond 4th (i.e. 9th level, 14th level, 19th level, 24th level, 29th level, and 34th level). In all cases, the sorcerer must meet the prerequisites of the feat in order to select it.
Sorcerers with the Arcane bloodline gain a +1 bloodline bonus to the saving throw DC's of any spell they cast with a metamagic feat applied. This bonus stacks with other feats, class features, or abilities that also improve the saving throw DC's of spells cast.
Sorcerer bloodlines grant powers to the sorcerer at 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 21st, 26th, and 31st sorcerer class levels. These powers are:
- 1st: Arcane Bond (Su): Whenever you wield an Implement, you gain a +1 bloodline bonus to all Caster Checks you make while wielding that Implement. In addition you may use your implement to inflict (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) damage as a ray attack once per round as a swift action, at a maximum range of thirty feet, inflicting interstice (physical, rare) damage. Note that you may mana burn this effect!
- 6th: Metamagic Adept (Su): Whenever you wield an Implement, each Metamagic Feat you apply to a spell you cast has its level increase reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1. Metamagic feats that have a level increase 1 or 0 are unaffected by this bloodline power.
- 11th: New Arcana (Ex): When you gain this bloodline power, you can choose a number of spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list equal to the number of experience tiers of the Sorcerer class you have taken, plus one additional if Sorcerer is your favored class. These spells are added to your list of spells known. If you take additional tiers of the Sorcerer class in the future, you gain one additional spell known from this bloodline power each time (to a maximum of 7 bonus spells known — one for each tier of the Sorcerer class, or up to 8 if Sorcerer is your favored class).
- 16th: School Power (Su): Choose one School of magic. All spells you cast from that School gain a +1 circumstance bonus to their saving throw DC's. This bonus stacks with other feats, class features, or abilities that also improve the saving throw DC's of spells cast.
- 21st: Arcane Apotheosis (Su): Whenever you mana burn to increase the Circle of a spell, every spell slot you expend counts as two slots.
- 26th: Invincible Arcana (Su): Whenever you cast a spell with a metamagic feat applied, or use one of your bloodline abilities, to inflict any sort of Uncommon damage type, you gain +1 damage per die rolled. Whenever you cast a spell with a metamagic feat applied, or use one of your bloodline abilities, to inflict any sort of Rare damage type, you gain +2 damage per die rolled.
- 31st: Auric Sensitivity (Su): Any time you make an active Perception check, you can innately see magical auras as if using a Detect Magic spell.