Barrow Haze (Cleric Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Cleric 3
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of decaying flesh from a graveyard, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a cloud that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high (a 9x9x4 square space)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You praise the graveyard, that place of dank stenches, the garden of bones. At the culmination of the spell, dark vapors ooze upwards, grasping all in their clammy embrace.
- Barrow Haze creates a bank of fog similar to that created by Fog Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), except the vapors are black and they have a necromantic tinge. All creatures which pass through one or more of these squares gains the Singed condition, inflicting negative (energy, uncommon) damage. If a creature ends its movement in one or more of these squares, it gains the Burned condition, also inflicting negative (energy, uncommon).
- Note that some Undead may be healed by the effects of this spell!
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|