You have taken a wound that needs attention.
- The next healing, successful Heal check, or application of temporary hit points granted to you grant you no benefit at all, except to remove this condition.
- This ability cannot stack with itself.
If the ability, trap, or effect description includes specific directions for how the condition is ended, then that is the primary means of ending this condition. In many cases, it is the only way to end the condition. If nothing is specifically listed for ending the condition, then the following methods can be used to end it, instead:
- Bruised can be ended by a Heal check, or through the application of any effect that cures hit point damage or grants temporary hit points.
- The DC of the Heal check is an Average DC based on the CR (challenge rating) of the creature or effect that inflicted the bruised condition.
- The Heal check, healing or temporary hit points provide no benefit other than to stop the Bruised condition.
- Note that class abilities which include a built-in healing effect and do other things in addition to healing still function normally, except that the healing component of the ability provides no healing, but instead removes the Bruised condition.
- Bruised does not end at the end of the encounter, instead persisting until cleared, as described above.