Clashing Rocks (Druid Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Druid 9
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A jagged chunk of stone, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30) within a 7x7 square
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You create massive pincers of stone (up to Colossal-sized) which erupt from the ground (or other non-gaseous, non-liquid) surface. These enormous masses of rock, dirt, and stone then slam together against creatures caught between them.
- The Clashing Rocks appear up to 5 feet away from the target on opposite sides and rush toward it with a mighty grinding crash. Each casting of the spell creates one set of clashing rocks, plus an additional one per ten caster levels, drop fractions, and each set of rocks can affect one creature. Thus, up to four creatures may be struck by one casting of this spell, if the caster is at least 30th level. All creatures struck by the Clashing Rocks take (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) as obliteration (physical, rare) damage. If the target makes a REFL saving throw, it only takes half damage.
- All creatures to be affected by Clashing Rocks must be within a 7x7 square area of each other, and within range of the spell. If any creature is only partially within the area of effect, they are not affected by the spell as written above. Instead, creatures only partially within the area of effect must make a REFL save against the target above or be Pushed out of the area of effect, in a direct line away from the center of the area of effect. Note, creatures who have the ability to resist this movement, or who fall prone to stop it, may elect to stay in the area of effect, but doing so causes them to suffer the full damaging effects without benefit of a saving throw.
- If Clashing Rocks is cast upon creatures using any Burrowing, Tunneling, or Earth Glide movement ability, they suffer a -1 penalty to their saving throw, with an additional -1 per ten caster levels of the caster, drop fractions.
- Note that this spell may only be cast upon creatures close to (or within) a valid surface. The Clashing Rocks cannot reach more than seven squares away from a valid ground-like (earthy or stony) surface without the use of some effect to boost their area of effect. Creatures in mid-air who are further than seven squares from a valid surface also may not be affected unless the area is increased. Creatures on the surface of a shallow body of liquid may be effected by Clashing Rocks rising from the bed of the body, for example. or flying creatures close to a cliff, etc. Creatures in mid-air, or in places without any solid bodies nearby, are not valid targets of this spell.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|