Difference between revisions of "Drow Militant"
m (Text replacement - "Lawful Neutral" to "True Lawful")
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
| Alignment | Lawful Evil
| Alignment | Lawful Evil
<!-- Values: Lawful Good, Lawful
<!-- Values: Lawful Good, Lawful, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil -->
Revision as of 20:36, 27 November 2019
Drow Militant (CR 12)
Lawful Evil - Medium - Fey
- Drow Militants are specially trained and prepared from birth to be the perfect extensions of their House. They are loyal right down to their marrow, and live to serve the will of the house.
- Militants are quite adroit at spy missions, trade missions, and diplomatic endeavors, and if things go poorly, they are also sheer murder in a fight. Militants are allowed a fair degree of autonomy in Drow culture, since their loyalty is completely without question. That said, they always have a Consort minder somewhere nearby, at a minimum, and may be attached in service to a higher ranking member of their House as well. Militants are extremely capable, but having a female to consult from time to time is reassuring to them and improves their morale.
- Init: +23
- Ambush Chance: 10+ on d20 (req's 1 minute prep)
- AC: 32
- Maneuver Defense (MD): 34
- Hit Points: 249 (Bloodied Value: 124) Hit Dice: 22
- Fort: +12 Refl: +15 Will: +12
- Special Defenses:
- Strong Against:
- Weak Against:
- (Fey 1) Vulnerable (1.5x damage): Cold Iron
- Movement Types: Walk 30 ft., plus see Bladed Dance
- Space / Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
- Standard Attack:
- 1x Drowblade +20 (3d8+8/19-20 x2) as slashing (physical, common); plus: Languishroot Poison
- Full Attack:
- 3x Drowblade +20 (3d8+8/19-20 x2) as slashing (physical, common); plus: Languishroot Poison
- Standard Ranged:
- 1x Thrown Drow Dagger +20 (3d8+8/19-20 x2) as piercing (physical, common) (Increment: 20 ft.; Max Range: 100 ft.) ; plus: Languishroot Poison
- Full Ranged:
- 3x Thrown Drow Dagger +20 (3d8+8/19-20 x2) as piercing (physical, common) (Increment: 20 ft.; Max Range: 100 ft.) ; plus: Languishroot Poison
- Maneuver Offense: +18
- Siege Damage: Not siege capable
- Str: 14 Dex: 20 Con: 16 Int: 14 Wis: 16 Cha: 16
- Languages: Undercommon, Awnsheghlien, Common
Bladed Dance (Ex)
- Once per encounter, the drow may teleport up to 30 feet as a move action and make a single Drowblade attack against one target, who is considered flat-footed against that attack. After this attack, they may make a five-foot step. They may use their Power Attack feat with this attack if they wish. If they have a use of Languishroot Poison, they may use that with Bladed Dance as well.
Knife Storm (Ex)
- Once per encounter as a full attack action, the drow may make a single thrown Drow Dagger attack at all foes in a thirty-foot cone. All these attacks are resolved with no range modifier, all foes attacked are considered flat-footed for this attack, and the attack ignores any penalty for attacking into melee. All these attacks that hit will inflict Languishroot poison unless a DC 25 Fort save is made. Lastly, attacking with Knife Storm does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Venom Sheathe (Ex)
- As a swift action, the drow can reapply poison to its weapon. This is done with a practiced flourish, as the blade is slid through a slotted cup-like device on his belt, near the sword's sheath. The cup-like device contains 10 doses of Languishroot poison (see below), and can be refilled outside of combat.
Languishroot Poison (Ex)
- The first time the drow makes an attack with its drowblade after having poisoned it (either before the encounter begins, or via the Venom Sheathe ability), or any time the drow attacks with a drow dagger, the victim may also become poisoned:
- Languishroot Poison (Injury vector; Poisoned intensity)
- Save: Fort DC 25; Frequency: 1/round for 3 rounds
- Effect: 1d4 DEX damage and 3d8+8 non-lethal damage per interval
- Fruition: Victim becomes Drowsy. If you are affected by Lanquishroot in any form while Drowsy or Sluggish, all saves are made at a -2 penalty.
- Fruition Duration: 1 hour
- Fruition Duration: 1 hour
Magically Militant (Ex)
- Militants are given special treatments from birth to instill Spell Resistance into their very flesh, making them highly resistant to magic. If they are targeted by any spell or spell-like effect, their attacker must first succeed on a Caster Check against a DC of 34. If the attacker fails to equal or exceed the DC, the effect does nothing to the Militant, and the spell or effect is wasted (as is the action used to cast it). If the attacker succeeds on the check, the spell or effect is resolved normally.
- Militants will usually try to talk their way out of fights, but once the fighting begins, they are very, very dangerous foes. They will typically declare a Power Attack, then use their move action to teleport into their foe's ranks using Bladed Dance, and make the included attack using up their Languishroot Poison. They will then make the free five foot step, re-poison their blade with a swift action, and attack a second foe with their standard attack. Ouch.
- This is a devastating 'alpha strike' and will usually end most fights right then and there. If their foes are hardy enough to endure the Bladed Dance, then in the second round of combat they will typically resort to their Knife Storm attack and start working out ways to flee the combat. In their minds, anyone tough enough to stand up to them needs to be reported to their House as soon as possible.
Out of Combat
- Militants are primarily used for trade, diplomacy, exploration, and the like. As a result, militants are always likely to try and talk their way out of any trouble, it's simply their nature. Do not forget that Militant's have Spell Resistance to go with their Bladed Dance, and this emphasis on diplomacy is why: SR goes a long way to allow them to keep their secrets, not to mention making them even worse to deal with if it comes to a fight.
- XP: 19,200
- Treasure: Sellable Goods worth 12,875 gp.
- Weight: 130 lbs. Volume: 5.2 cu ft
- Optional Treasure Rules: Roll on the following table once per encounter (NOT per creature). Any items discovered are in addition to the normal treasure for the encounter.
Table 1: Roll a d20: Result Remnant Found (If Any) 1 - 10 Nothing Found 11 - 14 1 Languid Remnant (tier 1) 15 - 17 1 Pale Remnant (tier 2) 18 - 19 1 Bright Remnant (tier 3) 20 Roll on Table 2 Table 2: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Languid Remnants (tier 1) 6 - 10 3 Pale Remnants (tier 2) 11 - 14 1 Intense Remnant (tier 4) 15 - 17 1 Blazing Remnant (tier 5) 18 - 19 1 Vital Remnant (tier 6) 20 Roll on Table 3 Table 3: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Bright Remnants (tier 3) 6 - 8 3 Intense Remnants (tier 4) 9 - 11 3 Blazing Remnants (tier 5) 12 - 14 3 Vital Remnants (tier 6) 15 - 17 1 Prime Remnant (tier 7) 18 - 19 1 Mythic Remnant (tier 8) 20 1 Empyrean Remnant (tier 9)