Least Polymorph (Bard Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of the creature whose form you plan to assume, worth 1 gp...depending upon the creature....)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of a creature from the following list of templates, with a CR equal to your character level at the time you cast the spell.
- Least Polymorph converts you completely and utterly into the form of the creature you choose, and grants you a one-time bonus to a Disguise Skill roll if you wish to blend in with others of that sort (see the Blend In ability in the template you choose for details). Least Polymorph is sharply limited, however, in that you may only polymorph yourself into a Small or Medium creature of the Humanoid or Fey type. This means you can assume the form of any Player Race (except Kitsune in their Fox form), or any humanoid or fey Monster race of size Medium or Small, such as Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, etc. Regardless of which type or race you choose, your actual type becomes Protean for the duration of the spell (and, as a result, you gain a vulnerability to silvered weapons, taking 50% extra damage from them).
- Note that if you choose a race which is sized-small, the following rules apply: Size small creatures do not have to Squeeze to fit into a Small space (30 inches or greater, 1/2 of a square), add a +1 size bonus to AC, and Stealth checks, and suffer a -1 penalty to their Might skill and Maneuver Defense, and their Walk speed is reduced by -10 feet. Size Small creatures cannot share a 5-foot-square with another sized-small creature, unless squeezing. There are no size-based bonuses or penalties applied to sized-medium creatures.
- You may choose one additional power from the list below when you assume your polymorphed shape, but if the form you assume does not normally possess the ability you choose, then your Disguise skill check to blend in as a member of your new form suffers a -4 penalty.
- While you are polymorphed, you do not gain access to any of your normal abilities, or any of the abilities of any creature type you are emulating, unless it is part of your ability to change your shape. You cannot use feats or skills based upon your normal self, you do not gain or lose any modifiers for any Stats, you gain no benefit or penalty for any normal magic item, you do not have your normal armor class, hit points, maneuver offense or defense, saving throw bonuses, class abilities, or anything else. For all intents and purposes, the polymorph has 'overwritten' your entire self, and the only abilities you have are those of your assumed form, and any abilities granted to you by the change into this new shape.
- Any time you dismiss this spell and revert to your normal form (either because the encounter ends, you voluntarily dismiss it, or you are reduced to zero or fewer hit points in your polymorphed form), you temporarily gain the Secured status condition. Then, all damage your polymorphed form suffered prior to being dismissed is transferred over to your normal form's hit points (this is added to any damage your normal form had suffered prior to casting this spell). Because of the Secured condition, this transfer can never cause you to be reduced below zero hit points, but you can certainly be reduced to zero hit points. Once the damage from your polymorphed form has been transferred to your natural form's hit points, the Secured condition ends.
- Because of this effect, it is impossible for the caster of this spell to be killed while in their polymorphed form, or by the act of exiting their polymorphed form. As a result, it can sometimes be useful to cast this spell purely to avoid being killed. Just be aware that, once unconscious, you have no protection against being Coup-de-graced (since the Secured condition wears off immediately after the hit points are moved over to your normal form).
- If the caster is suffering from any status condition, poison, or disease, when they cast this spell, that condition is also present in the polymorphed form. Similarly, if your polymorphed form was suffering from any disease, poison, or any other condition of any sort when the spell ends (or is dismissed), then that condition transfers to your natural form as well.
- While you are polymorphed, you may still be healed by your allies, and you still count as their ally for any abilities they possess.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|