Admonishing Ray (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20), aimed at targets who must be within 30 feet of each other
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You bark out the martial phrases of this spell as you shadowbox aggressively towards your chosen targets. You blast your enemies with rays of nonlethal force. You may fire one ray, plus one additional ray if your caster level is 21st level or higher. Each ray requires a ranged Touch Attack to hit and deals (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) points of nonlethal damage. This is a force effect. The rays must be fired at different targets, with all rays fired simultaneously and aimed at targets within 30 feet of each other. In no case may a single target be damaged more than once with a single casting of this spell, although the caster can certainly cast it multiple times for good effect.
- The rays hit about as hard as a punch from a strong adult human, and can knock away unattended objects of size Tiny and less, weighing up to 10 pounds, if that amount of force could normally do so. Unattended objects have AC5, modified by size and situation as the GM adjudicates, and the distance they move is typically 1-3 squares, again, subject to GM adjudication.