Hunter's Howl (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (Various saps, scraps, and herbs, gathered from the wild.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 character levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), creatures you choose in a 20-ft.-radius burst, a 9 x 9 square space centered on yourself
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You prepare a poultice that carries the hunting spirit of the wolfpack. In battle, you apply the poultice to your throat, and with a single primal howl, you choose your victims from those around you. Creatures you choose may make a saving throw as described above to avoid the fell grace of your predators spirit.
- Until the end of the spell's duration, you treat those affected by it as if they were your Quarry (Ex), allowing you to use quarry dice for Quarry Only uses on these targets for the duration of the spell. If an affected creature is already your Quarry, it is shaken instead.