Blade Snare (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 3
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small blade carved or wood, bone, or metal, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), a 10 foot radius centered on the caster, typically a 5x5 area.
- Duration: Until the start of your next turn
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Ths poultice is brewed of thorns, needles, and astringent saps, and has a remarkably pungent scent of menthol and mint. The holder embeds a blade in the plaster, gives a shout, and dashes the poultice violently to the ground beneath their feet, or against another surface they are adjacent too. The power of the emolument floods into the surface, and blades explode from the ground or other surface around them, stabbing and snaring all creatures around their space.
- All creatures within ten feet of the holder's space (usually a 5x5 square) suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of slashing (physical, common) damage and are hindered by the blades damaging their motive limbs. Affected creatures are allowed a save as defined above to reduce the damage by half, but the Hindered condition is not removed. Any creature which is not adjacent to a surface (wall, floor, ceiling, adjacent to a space Blocked by a pillar, etc.) is Immune to the effects of this spell.