Condition Severity: Strong
You have been turned to stone, frozen solid, or otherwise transformed into an inanimate solid.
- You take a -8 penalty to Reflex saves.
- You cannot take any actions, except some free actions (such as saving throws).
- You cannot speak.
- You stop aging and will never die. You are aware of your surroundings, but unable to interact with them in any way.
- If your petrified body is cracked or broken, but the broken pieces are joined with your body as you are returned to flesh, you are unharmed.
- If, however, your body is incomplete when returned to flesh, you gain the Maimed condition.
- A petrified creature typically weighs four times as much as the creature's normal weight.
- Standard magical cures: a Greater Restoration spell, a Limited Wish spell, or a Wish spell, or an ability which emulates one of these effects.
- You can spend a full round action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR of the effect. If you succeed on this roll, you shake off the condition after 2d6 days have passed. If you fail the check, you must wait a year and a day before attempting it again.
- If not cleared, the petrified condition will never expire on its own.