Acid Maw (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sour grape, marked with runes, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, either an Animal Companion or a Mount
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The holder of this poultice must apply it to a Mount or their Animal Companion. The fomentation seeps from the applied plaster into the animal and resides. One time during the duration of this poultice, after making a successful attack either while Mounted or with your Animal Companion, as a free action, you may roll (Circle 1 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 4d6 at character level 4) of acid (energy, common) damage and apply it to the victim of the attack. This is counted as a separate attack and the damage is not combined with the triggering attacks damage. If manaburning is desired, it must be performed when the plaster is mixed by the original ranger, not when the holder applies it.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.