Alarm (Bard Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Bard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, F (A tiny bell and a piece of very fine silver wire, worth 10 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 20-ft.-radius emanation centered on a point in space
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- Alarm creates a subtle ward on an area 9 x 9 x 9 squares that originates from a square you select within range. Once the spell effect is in place, it thereafter sounds a mental or audible alarm each time a creature of Tiny or larger size enters the warded area or touches it, triggering all effects below and ending the spell. A creature that speaks the password (determined by you at the time of casting) does not set off the Alarm. You decide at the time of casting whether the Alarm will be mental or audible in nature.
- Mental Alarm: A mental Alarm alerts you (and only you) so long as you remain within spell range of the warded area. You note a single mental "ping" that awakens you from normal sleep but does not otherwise disturb concentration. Magical silence does not interfere with the mental alarm's ability to alert you.
- Audible Alarm: An audible Alarm produces the sound of a hand bell, and anyone within 60 feet of the warded area can hear it clearly. Reduce the distance by 10 feet for each interposing closed door and by 20 feet for each substantial interposing wall. Magical silence can block an audible alarm.
- In quiet conditions, the ringing can be heard faintly as far as 180 feet away. The sound lasts for 1 round.
- Creatures affected by Cloistered, Displaced, Exiled, or Fogged do not trigger the Alarm. Likewise, Ethereal or Astral creatures do not trigger the Alarm, though Invisible creatures do.
- In addition, one time, immediately after the Alarm is triggered, the caster of the spell may choose one creature within the area of effect, and inflict (Circle 1 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 4d6 at character level 4) of bludgeoning (physical, common) damage to that unfortunate, as well as inflict the Quelled condition on that creature, as a swift action. If a save is made as described above, the damage is halved, but the Quelled condition is not affected. Note that it is possible to cast this spell during combat, in which case it immediately triggers as soon as any creature enters it or touches anywhere in the area of effect, and then as a swift action, the damaging effect can be applied to that creature or any other creature in the area of effect.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|