Aspect of the Falcon (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A runed feather from a raptor, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is made of crushed larvae and worms, mixed with ground roots, bark and twigs. When slapped onto a patch of bare skin atop a runed feather, the holder takes on an aspect of a falcon. Their eyes become wide and raptor-like, and they grow feathers on the sides of your head.
- The holder of this poultice must apply it to themselves. They gain a +1 Arcane Bonus on Perception checks, a +1 Arcane Bonus on Movement Skill checks made to Fly, a +1 Arcane Bonus on ranged attack rolls, ignore the first range band for ranged weapon attacks, and the critical multiplier for their ranged projectile weapons (of any sort) gains a +1 Arcane Bonus, thus doing more damage on a critical hit. This effect stacks with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Critical, Improved (Feat) or a Keen (Ranged Weapon Magic Property) weapon.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.