Blade Barrier (Cleric Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A razor, suitable for shaving, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: A wall of whirling blades, one wall segment ten feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You pronounce praise and ask for the protection of the Powers, offering up a sharp blade as sacrifice. An immobile, vertical curtain of whirling blades shaped of pure force springs into existence where you wish it, within range. Line of sight is not required.
- Any creature that passes through the Barrier must save as defined above or they suffer (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of force (energy, uncommon) damage. If they make their save, they take only half damage. The Barrier provides Partial Cover for attacks made across it, in either direction.
- The Barrier completely fills a number of squares per casting as detailed above. The Barrier is always rounded, allowing creatures to cut the corners when trying to move around it. Once placed, the Barrier is fixed for the duration.
- While the Barrier must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. Choose squares that are occupied by the Barrier and place them in a continuous shape as desired (corner to corner or edge to edge). It is possible to create cylindrical or square Barriers to enclose specific points.
- If cast multiple times, several castings can be 'joined together' to create longer or taller Barriers. Each ten foot long and ten foot tall segment created can be placed side to side or above an existing segment, and they join together to form a seamless barrier.
- It need not touch the ground or any other surface, although doing so makes it more difficult to go around. The Barrier must be continuous and unbroken when formed, namely, all squares for its length must be unoccupied. This Barrier does not break line of sight or line of effect in any way, although it is completely obvious to any visual or hearing sense. Certain movement types, such as Flight, Vaulting, or Burrow may circumvent its effects.
- This Barrier is immune to hit point damage, but can be Sundered. Roll a Sunder check against the Maneuver Defense of the caster. Each five foot secion of Barrier has a Durability of 1. It can be Dispelled or Disjoined, in which case the entire Barrier is dismissed.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|