Blend (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: S, M (A dried chameleon, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is made of brightly colored berries, leaves, stems, and roots, the pigments carefully blended with saps and oils to achieve bland neutrality. The holder can embed a chameleon into this bland mix to activate it, then draw upon the power embodied in the plaster to change the coloration of themselves and their equipment to match that of their surroundings.
- This mottled array of muted colors, exactly matching your background no matter how you are viewed, grants you a +1 Arcane Bonus to all Stealth checks made during the duration of this plaster.
- In addition, this blending-in camouflage allows you to initiate a stealth stance without the need for cover or concealment, but only while you move no more than half your Walk speed per move action, no matter which movement type you use. If you move more than half your walk speed with any given move action, you gain no benefit from this poultice until the start of your next turn. Abilities that enable faster movement while Stealthed have no effect on the behavior of this poultice.
- If you make an attack, the effects of the balm end immediately and your coloration returns to normal.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.