Blight (Alchemist Extract)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Alchemist 4
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of salt mixed into rotted meat.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) a 20 foot radius spread (a 9x9 space within range)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This extract has a flavor and texture that is...challenging. Even for an experienced Alchemist, who studies poison vintages and savors the different subtleties between varieties of sewage from different cities around the world. This extract is...something else. It would be so much easier for everyone involved if you could mix this up, spark it, and then throw it directly at your victims, but sadly, that's not how this particular magic works. Instead, you dissolve rotted meat crusted with salt into your elixir and have to swab it into your mouth and swallow the horrifyingly awful mass down. The after-taste, you see, is what you're after. You swill the remnants around in your mouth, gathering the absolute peak of the awfulness into a dollop, that you then spit at your target square. It's just awful, to be frank.
- After drinking this genuinely nasty extract, you retch forth vile sounds, as you work to clear your palate. At the culmination of this miserable process, you emit a juicy expectoration, a seething, blighted mass of Essential Blight. Choose a square within range, to which you have line of sight and line of effect. The blighted mass of fluid and bits you created flies there with unerring accuracy, and bursts into a 20-foot radius spread of horrible corruption (a 9x9 square, affected creatures must have line of effect from the center square).
- This elixir corrupts and blights all things. All creatures wholly or partially in the area of effect suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage. Affected creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to only take half damage.
- "Natural" creatures (with the subtypes Animal or Plant) suffer a -2 penalty to their saving throw against this spell.
- This extract has no lasting effect on the soil or surrounding plant life.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|