Bloodhound (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A drop of blood and a pinch of cinnamon, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is brewed with clarifying and sensitizing herbs and saps, along with cleansing pine tar and witch hazel. The holder activates the poultice with a drop of blood and a pinch of cinnamon, then inhales the resulting heavy vapors deeply through their nose. The poultice acts to alter your sense of the world around you.
- While under the effects of this plaster, you gain the Perfect Scent sense, allowing you to use your sense of smell to target creatures in combat without penalty and no increased miss chance (i.e., your targets are not treated as having partial or total concealment against your attacks). You are also more easily able to locate creatures using stealth or invisibility.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.