Break (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (An engraved twig, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One Medium or smaller unattended object, or one creature.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is mixed of caustic, bitter, acidic roots and herbs, the astringent fomentation enormously concentrated. The holder stirs the plaster with a runed twig, the twig hissing as it dissolves to activate the poultice. You then toss the plaster toward your target, the magic snapping the gooey blob unerringly toward the target.
- This poultice allows the holder an attempt to Sunder any one Medium or smaller unattended object within range. You may make a Maneuver Offense check against the unattended object's Sunder DC. If you equal or exceed the DC, it takes 1 point of Siege Damage. If this equals or exceeds the object's Durability, the object becomes Broken. If cast on a Broken item, this spell has no effect.
- If cast upon a creature, you may attempt to Sunder its weapon or natural weapons, using a Maneuver Offense Check against the target's Maneuver Defense, or, you can choose to inflict (Circle 1 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 4d6 at character level 4) points of bludgeoning (physical, common) damage to it. Note that if damage is inflicted the target is allowed a saving throw as defined above to only take half damage.