Confusion (Bard Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Bard 3
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (Three nutshells, carved with runes, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You carefully pronounce the rhymes of utter nonsense that comprise this spell, while you perform various japes and gambols with the three runed shells. As the spell progesses, the shells vanish, one by one, and as the last one vanishes, a spectral, twirling nutshell lances forth. This is a ray attack, against a target you choose as above, to whom you have line of sight. Line of effect is not required the spectral force passing through windows and force effects without error.
If you strike the target, this spell causes confusion, making them unable to determine their actions. Roll on the following table at the start of each subject's turn each round to see what it does in that round.
d20 Result Behavior 1-5 Deal damage to yourself with an item in your hand, equal to your weakest or most commonly used melee attack. 6-10 Do nothing but babble incoherently. 11-15 Attack the nearest creature, friend or foe, with your most effective attack. If there is more than one, roll randomly. 16-20 Act normally.
- A confused character who can't carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Note that a confused character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (because of its most recent action).
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge on its victim. If a different charge is laid, the chaotic magics rip free in a cataclysmic fashion, inflicting (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of psychic (energy, uncommon) damage to creatures with a mind.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|