Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Cost (Combat Trained): 71,000 gp
- Cost (Riding Trained): 35,500 gp
- Weight: 1,250 lbs.
- At first glance, a destrier looks like a well-sculpted, muscular horse. However, closer examination reveals that this 'horse' is a carnivorous predator with sharp, pointed teeth and the ability to easily run down prey. Lore about destriers suggests they have an infernal origin, but this is unsubstantiated. What is known, however, is that destriers are extremely fast, agile, and mean. When used for Overland Travel on a Highway, Road, or Trail, a destrier's movement per hour is doubled. (Yes, at very high levels a Destrier can out-run a Teleport.)
- This mount grants its rider the following bonuses:
Mounted CR: 18 Size: Large (can carry up to sized-Medium riders) Intelligence: 9 Movement: Walk 210 ft. Bonus Damage:(if Combat Trained) +9 bonus damage to all of the rider's melee attacks made while riding. Carrying Capacity: 1,000 lbs. Unlockable Special Abilities:
- Requires: 1 point(s) of CR
- Benefit: A mount with this special ability develops a special bond with its rider, gaining the 'Exclusive' trick (see Handle Animal for details). This trick does not count against the total number of tricks the mount can learn.