Detect Poison (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one creature, one object, or a 5-ft. cube
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is made of soothing, calming, and healing plants and herbs. The holder may look at it, and the presence of any poisons within range are indicated by the changes in color, texture, and aroma the plaster makes as it is moved around.
- The effect of the plaster can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.
- Detect Poison does not reveal the name or nature of a poison, only the presence of it. To determine the poison's properties, you must acquire a sample of it (or study a victim of it), and make an appropriate Profession (Alchemist), Profession (Herbalist), or Heal check.