Disintegrate (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A lodestone and a pinch of dust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One ray
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Special
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A thin, green ray springs from your pointing finger. You must make a successful ranged Touch Attack to hit. If it hits, it deals (No Circle) 2d6 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 70d6). Any creature reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by this spell is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust. A disintegrated creature's equipment and treasure is unaffected, dropping in a dusty mess in a square it used to occupy.
- When used against an object, the ray simply disintegrates as much as a 10-foot cube of nonliving matter. Thus, the spell disintegrates up to a size Large object, but only part of any very large object or structure targeted. The GM adjudicates any additional effects such a loss has on structures. The ray affects even objects constructed entirely of force, such as Wall of Force (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), but not magical effects such as an Antimagic Field (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell).
- A creature may make a saving throw after being struck. A creature that makes a successful fortitude save against the DC above is only partially affected, taking only 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels of the caster, round down, maximum 17d6. If this damage reduces the creature or object to 0 or fewer hit points, it is entirely disintegrated.
- Only the first creature or object struck can be affected; that is, the ray affects only one target per casting. If you miss with a touch attack to hit a creature, the ray typically zaps a hole in the next wall or object behind the targeted creature. The ray always misses creatures behind the targeted creature, you cannot accidentally zap your friends, or an unintended creature.
- Note that this spell has no circle, and therefore may not be mana-burned.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|