Embrace Destiny (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is made with fate-dwelling plants, herbs, arboreals, and insects. This poultice ties the fate of the holder to the fate of the world they inhabit, fixing a tiny portion of their existence in advance.
- Upon activating this poultice, the holder rolls a single d20 and records the result. At any point during the duration of this plaster, they MUST use that roll for a single attack roll, Initiative check, saving throw, or skill check, using the recorded result in place of a roll. This poultice cannot be used to replace a roll that has already been made; the recorded result must be used instead of a roll. Once they have used this recorded result or the duration of the poultice's power ends, the fate effect ends. You cannot have more than one instance of embrace destiny active on you at the same time.
- If you do not use the moment, if you chose NOT to embrace your destiny, then the fated moment dissipates from your aura and rips loose a piece of your Destined Self in doing so. You suffer (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of primal (undefined damage type) damage and 1d6 points of Essence Destruction. It is generally MUCH less painful to wisely 'use up' a 'bad roll' during the duration, rather than suffer these dire consequences.