Life Pact (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A drop of blood from each target)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), willing living creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart when the spell triggers
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is mixed up out of fungi, roots, and bulbs, mixed with a dollop of blood, mingling lives within the plaster. The mixologist binds the life forces of the targets into a mystical pact.
- If any target is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points, that target automatically triggers the power of the pact. The triggering target drains 1 hit point per Ranger Level of the herbalist Ranger who mixed the poultice from all other targets that have at least 1 hit point per Ranger Level and are within 30 feet of the triggering target; these hit points are applied to the triggering target as magical healing.
- This healing can prevent the triggering creature from dying, if the attack would cause the target to have a number of negative hit points equal to its character level plus its Constitution score (not modifier). This healing cannot raise the triggering creature above half health (its Bloodied value). Any excess hit points drained from other targets are wasted.
- The pact can be triggered once, and then the poultice is dispelled. It is not triggered by effects that do not deal hit point damage.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.