Jump to navigation Jump to search
Condition Severity: Strong
A creature has grappled you into a position where your continued struggles only bring you pain.
- While pinned, you may not attack any creature other than the one pinning you.
- Attacks against the creature pinning you may only be performed using light, or close weapons. You cannot use ranged weapons, even if they are light or close weapons.
- Bonus attacks, such as those provided by Haste spell, or the Two-Weapon Fighting feats, may not be used.
- You may not cast spells unless they have no somatic component, or they have a range of touch (spells with a range of "ranged touch" may not be cast). Even then, you must target the creature pinning you, or include them as a target of the spell.
- You cannot move from your space, except with Teleport-based movement, or Forced Movement, as long as the pinning creature remains adjacent to you.
- Pinning Monsters:
- A pinned monster may only perform attacks against the creature that is pinning it. When they do so, they perform two fewer attacks than normal (minimum 1; they lose their weakest attacks, if their attacks are varied).
- Pinned monsters cannot make use of any Spell-Like ("Sp") abilities they possess while they remain pinned.
- Pinned monsters cannot move from their space as long as the pinning creature remains adjacent to them, except by using Teleport or Forced Movement to do so.
If the ability, trap, or effect description includes specific directions for how the condition is ended, then that is the primary means of ending this condition. In many cases, it is the only way to end the condition. If nothing is specifically listed for ending the condition, then the following methods can be used to end it, instead:
- The pinned condition automatically ends if the pinning creature moves (or is moved) to a space where they can no longer reach the pinned creature with their natural reach (increased reach from weapons does not apply).
- The pinned condition automatically ends at the start of the pinning creature's next turn.