Your ability to move to other locations has become severely limited.
- You can move no more than 10 feet with a single move action.
- You cannot take a 5-foot-step action.
- You may not run, charge or take a full withdrawal.
- Slowed does not affect teleports, forced movement or spell-based movement, but does affect all other movement types.
If the ability, trap, or effect description includes specific directions for how the condition is ended, then that is the primary means of ending this condition. In many cases, it is the only way to end the condition. If nothing is specifically listed for ending the condition, then the following methods can be used to end it, instead:
- You may spend a move action to attempt to end the Slowed effect, gaining a new saving throw. The DC for this saving throw is the same DC as the original effect. If successful, the Slowed condition immediately ends.
- You can spend a move action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR (challenge rating) of the effect. If you succeed on the check, you shrug off the condition. You may only attempt this once – if you fail the Escape Artist check, you may not try again, and must recover by some other means.
- If not cleared, Slowed automatically ends at the end of the encounter.
- Alternatively, if an ally (not an enemy) subjects you to forced movement, the Slowed condition immediately ends.