Threatening Snap (Rage Power)
Threatening Snap (Ex)
- Requires: Barbarian 1, Feral Mien
- Benefit: Once per round as a free action, you can activate Threatening Snap. The next creature which makes a 5-foot step out of a square you threaten (or takes a withdraw action) provokes an attack of opportunity from you. This attack of opportunity is a bite attack, with an attack bonus identical to that of your main-hand weapon, including any enhancement bonuses, feat bonuses, etc. If it hits, the bite deals base weapon damage of 1d6 + CHA modifier, plus any enhancement bonuses or feat bonuses your main weapon normally adds to damage. (Remember that base weapon damage increases at levels 8, 15, 22 and 29.) The damage from Threatening Snap's bite attack does not include your STR or CON modifiers. Threatening Snap deals Bludgeoning, Slashing and Piercing damage (like all bite attacks). You must have an attack of opportunity available in order to use this rage power, and, once activated, Threatening Snap must be used before the start of your next turn, or the benefit is lost.
- 10th Level: If you hit with Threatening Snap, you immediately add 3 bonus hit points to your current hit points. If these bonus hit points would cause you to exceed your maximum hit point total, your maximum hit point total is increased to accommodate the new bonus hit points. All bonus hit points (and any increase to your maximum hit points caused by bonus hit points) are removed at the end of the encounter or when your rage ends (whichever comes first).
- 20th Level: Add your STR modifier to the bite damage caused by Threatening Snap, if it hits.
- 30th Level: Add your CON modifier to the bite damage caused by Threatening Snap, if it hits.