Adhesive Spittle (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of liquid glue, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 15 ft.
- Target or Area: One creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: No
- Once mixed, this mustard-mash poultice must be plastered by the holder onto their throat, where it sticks and grows pungent and cool. Their speech becomes thick and distorted, as if you have to force the words out through glue. Which is not inaccurate, as the poultice seeps into the throat and makes all the fluids there gluey. Once the mash is applied, your body holds the magic ready, and your speech returns to normal.
- Once during this poultice's duration, you can spit a viscous liquid as a swift action, against a target within range as described above. You do not need to make a to-hit roll against the target, but the target gets a saving throw as described above. On a failed save, the target takes (Circle 1 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 4d6 at character level 4) points of ripping (physical, uncommon) damage and becomes Immobilized for 1 round. On a successful save, the target is instead Slowed for 1 round, and suffers only half damage.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.