Ant Haul (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small pulley and string, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: Creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is a powerfully restorative cream filled with stinging nettle, various mints, and other aromatic herbs. It is bracing when applied, even shocking! The creature to whom the plaster is applied finds their light carrying capacity is increased by 10 pounds per character level of the ranger who mixed the poultice. This bonus is then multiplied for the other types of load (medium, heavy, lift, drag). This does not affect the creature's actual Strength in any way, merely the amount of material they can carry while benefiting from this poultice's effect. This poultice also has no effect on encumbrance due to armor. If the creature wears medium or heavy armor, they still take the normal penalties for doing so, regardless of how much weight the poultice allows them to carry.
- This poultice does not place a charge on its target, meaning that it can stack with other spell-based buffs.