Barkskin (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A large chunk of rough bark, carved with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, living creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is brewed from various types of bark, unsurprisingly, and is applied by slathering it on a big rough chunk and slapping it on the creature who needs to be protected. Barkskin toughens and roughens a creature's skin, giving them the appearance of craggy, runneled bark instead of skin. The effect gives a -5 penalty to Skill Rolls to interact with others, such as Stealth, Bluff, and Diplomacy rolls, but it also grants a +2 Arcane Bonus to the creature's existing AC.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.