Blindness/Deafness (Bard Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Bard 2
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Without a single movement, and needing nothing but your own fell knowledge, you call aloud upon the powers of unlife to render the subject blind to sight or sound, as you choose.
- Chose a target within range, and call down your dark benison. A patch of darkness shoots forth at your command and settles upon your target's eyes, or ears, as you choose. If you wish to blind and deafen a single subject, two castings of this spell will be needed.
- The victim is allowed a saving throw, as above, to reduce the blind condition to merely dazzled, as shreds of darkness cloud their vision or muffle their hearing.
- If you cast this spell upon a victim already suffering a Blind or Dazzle, their saving throw against this spell receives a -2 penalty, depending upon the caster.
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge. If another charge is laid, even by a second casting of this spell, the caster may choose to dismiss their first spell's effects, as a free action, and inflict (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) points of negative (energy, uncommon) as the fell magics tear their way free of their senses. Thus you can both blind and deafen a foe with two castings, or blind or deafen, and inflict damage.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|