Jump to navigation Jump to search
Condition Severity: Moderate
Your flesh boils as elemental energy crackles and courses around you.
- Each round, at the start of your turn, you suffer a specific type of damage (typically one of the elemental energy types: acid (energy, common), cold (energy, common), lightning (energy, common), or fire (energy, common), though other types are also possible). The amount of damage inflicted, as well as the damage type, are based on the CR (challenge rating) or level of the creature or effect which caused the condition.
- Unattended objects which gain the burned condition suffer Siege Damage, which reduces the object's Durability. The amount of siege damage inflicted is based on the source CR (challenge rating) that caused the condition. Once an object's durability is reduced to 0, it becomes broken. Non-magical objects reduced below 0 durability are destroyed. Magical objects cannot normally be destroyed without the use of artifacts, extremely powerful magic, or plot devices.
- Items worn or carried by a creature suffering from the burned condition are not subject to siege damage, unless the GM declares otherwise.
Source CR (challenge rating) Hit Point Damage Siege Damage 1 - 3 1d6 0 4 - 7 2d6 1d2-1 (minimum 0) 8 - 11 3d6 1d2-1 (minimum 0) 12 - 15 4d6 1d2 16 - 19 5d6 1d2 20 - 23 6d6 1d3 24 - 27 7d6 1d3 28 - 31 8d6 1d4 32+ 9d6 1d4
If the ability, trap, or effect description includes specific directions for how the condition is ended, then that is the primary means of ending this condition. In many cases, it is the only way to end the condition. If nothing is specifically listed for ending the condition, then the following methods can be used to end it, instead:
- You may expend a standard action to attempt to extinguish the ongoing damage on yourself, immediately ending the condition.
- An adjacent ally may spend a move action to extinguish the ongoing damage on you, immediately ending the condition.
- If not otherwise cured, burned ends at the end of the encounter.