Create Demiplane, Lesser (Cleric Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Ritual Typically eight hours.
- Components: V, S, F (a forked metal rod worth at least 500 gp)
- Range: 0 ft.
- Target or Area: One object held by the caster
- Duration: A year and a day
- Saving Throw: WillNegates See details below.
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You hold an object in your grasp. This object may be of any type, precious or mundane, rare or commonplace, delicate or sturdy. As you work your way through the complex stanza's of the ritual spell, you slowly call into being within the object a small, finite Demiplane. You must be on the Astral or Ethereal Plane or on a plane that has access to one of those planes (such as the Material Plane) to cast this spell. In no case may you create a second Demiplane inside another Demiplane. This isn't Inception, here.
- When you cast the spell, you decide what the appearance, shape, properties, and characteristics of the Demiplane are. This may be as mundane or fanciful as you desire. Any open space is filled with air or water (decided by you). If you make no fanciful alterations, the plane is generally flat and featureless, such as an earth, stone, water, or wood floor. The "walls" and "ceiling" of the plane may appear like solid earth, stone, wood, or water, or they may end in mist, a featureless void, or a similar unreal-looking border. The plane's environmental conditions are those of a temperate spring day on the Material Plane unless you decide they are warmer or cooler. In no case will a Demiplane ever cause environmental exposure effects. You determine the plane's light level (bright, normal, dim, or darkness), which affects the entire plane. The maximum usable extent of the Demiplane is equal to 3 ten foot cubes of space per caster level of the caster.
- There are no native creatures or plants on this plane, though you may bring some there (if the plane's light is bright or normal, it counts as sunlight for growing plants). The environment of the plane counts as normal terrain for the purpose of effects that target earth, stone, wood, and so on. For example, you could use Move Earth (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell) to create a hill.
- When you finish casting this spell, you may bring yourself and up to seven other creatures to the plane automatically by allowing one or two to touch the object, joining hands in a circle with any unable to reach the object due to crowding. Anyone may leave the Demiplane by spending a standard action and willing it. Anyone who touches the object containing the Demiplane may enter by touching the object and willing it, by spending a standard action.
- The Demiplane is another plane of existence, wholly contained in the object you chose and therefore is outside the range of any spell or ability. Creatures who cannot touch the object containing the Demiplane cannot enter the plane. Thus, clever thievery can gain access to a Demiplane, and of course, the fact that the object remains outside when you enter means anyone who finds it can pick it up as an unattended object. It is thus common for owners of Demiplanes to have clever places to store and use them.
- As the spell caster, you may expend a standard action to eject a single creature from your Demiplane, either from the inside, or by touching it from the outside. The creature may resist with a WILL saving throw as detailed above. An ejected creature goes to the closest safe legal square near the object containing the Demiplane.
- If the object containing the Demiplane is broken, the spell ends immediately.
- When the spell ends, the plane dissolves, but it can be extended by recasting the spell either from within the Demiplane or while holding the object containing the Demiplane. Doing so resets the duration of the Demiplane to that of your latest casting. Waiting until the last day to extend the spell is most efficient, but just begs out for disaster to strike. Any and all creatures in the plane if it expires are safely ejected with no saving throw. The plane cannot be dispelled from the outside, but a creature inside the plane can destroy it by using Wish, Limited (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Miracle (Cleric Spell), or Wish (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell) followed by Dispel Magic (Cleric Spell) or Greater Dispel Magic and making a successful dispel check.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|