Defensive Shock (Alchemist Extract)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A hollow metal sphere, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 character levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You pour your extract into a hollow metal sphere and enliven it with your spark. The elixir erupts into electro-alchemical life, sparks of dire potential running across the surface of the ball. You then swallow the ball whole. The ball is converted to lightning within your physical form, your Humors altering to conduct the lightning, the raging bolts crawling and weaving over every inch of your form, and arcing to nearby foes you select, to-boot!
- You may choose targets in range as noted above. As long as you have line of sight and line of effect, a snapping bolt of lightning jumps from your form to theirs, dealing (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of electricity (energy, common) damage and inflicting quelled upon them. A successful saving throw as noted above reduces the damage by half, but does not negate the quelled condition! Being struck drives your foes to their knees.
- Even after the discharge as noted above, electrical energy floods your body, shocking the next creature that touches you. The first creature which successfully strikes you with its body or a handheld weapon takes (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of electricity (energy, common) damage and is knocked Prone). A successful save in this instance reduces the damage by half and reduces the Prone to Quelled. If the attacker has Spell Resistance, it may prevent this damage, but in that case, does not end the elixir's effect.
- Once the spell discharges in this way, or if dismissed by the caster, the spell ends.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|