Feather Step (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is laden with vigorous stimulating herbals and botanicals, that infuse the user with vibrant energy. The holder can apply this stimulant plaster to themselves or a creature they can reach. For the duration of the plaster's effect, the subject ignores the adverse movement effects of 1 square of difficult terrain per combat round, and can even take 5-foot steps in difficult terrain. The number of squares of difficult terrain that are ignored increase to 2 per round at character level 5 of the ranger herbalist making the poultice, 3 at level 10, 4 at level 15, 5 at level 20, 8 at level 25, 12 at level 30, and all squares at level 35.
- In addition, this poultice adds the Wisdom modifier (minimum 1) of the Ranger herbalist as miles per hour to Overland Travel made under its effects, and all Overland Travel is treated as if being made on a Highway.
- This spell has no effect on Impeded Terrain.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.