Air Walk (Cleric Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Level: Cleric 4
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A puff of air expelled by an air elemental, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature (Gargantuan or smaller) touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You voice breathy, wind-filled words as you move your arms in light, airy patterns. At the culmination of the spell, you or the creature you touch becomes light and airy, are surrounded by buoying winds, and they let loose the shackles of the earth!
- The subject can tread on air as if walking on solid ground. This is treated as Greater Flight equal to your Walk speed, with the caveat that moving upward or downward is similar to walking up a hill. The maximum upward or downward angle possible is 45 degrees, at a rate equal to half the air walker's normal speed.
- Should the spell duration expire while the subject is still aloft, the magic fails slowly. The subject floats downward as if taking a Run action. If it reaches the ground in that amount of movement, it lands safely. If not, it falls the rest of the distance, taking falling damage as normal for its environment. Since dispelling a spell effectively ends it as if dismissed by the caster, the subject also descends in this way if the Air Walk spell is dispelled, but not if it is negated by an Antimagic Field (Cleric Spell).
- You can cast Air Walk on yourself or another subject and then you or they can ride a Mount. If they are dismounted while airborne, then both them and their mount descend as above.
- A strong wind can push the subject along or hold it back. At the end of a creature's turn each round, the wind blows the air walker 5 feet for each 5 miles per hour of wind speed. The creature may be subject to additional penalties in exceptionally strong or turbulent winds, such as loss of control over movement or physical damage from being buffeted about. Trying to use this spell in winds higher than Strong is very hazardous, with the GM left to adjudicate the details.
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Acid Fog (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Barrow Haze (Cleric Spell), Barrow Haze (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloudkill (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Druid Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Fog Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Fog Cloud (Druid Spell), Fog Cloud (Ranger Poultice), Fog Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Mind Fog (Bard Spell), Mind Fog (Paladin Spell), Mind Fog (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Nauseating Trail (Alchemist Extract), Nauseating Trail (Druid Spell), Nauseating Trail (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Plague Storm (Cleric Spell), Plague Storm (Druid Spell), Plague Storm (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Solid Fog (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Stinking Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Stinking Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Twilight Haze (Paladin Spell), Twilight Haze (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|