Burrow (Ranger Poultice)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20), allied creatures touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is brewed from roots, ranging from tiny threadlike fine ones to huge woody roots bursting stones. The holder anoints their hands, or the hands of nearby creatures as described above. The emollient causes their hands and skin and arms to grow gnarled and powerful. The subject(s) can Burrow at a speed of 15 feet through sand, loose soil, or gravel. Using Burrow requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The burrowing creature cannot Charge or Run. Loose material collapses behind the target 1 round after it leaves the area. This spell does not give the target the ability to breathe underground, so when passing through loose material, the creature must hold its breath and take only short trips, or else it may suffocate.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.