Dispel Magic, Greater (Druid Spell)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one spellcaster, creature, or object; or a 20-ft.-radius burst
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: No
- This spell functions like Dispel Magic (Druid Spell), except that it can end more than one spell on a target and it can be used to target multiple creatures.
- You can choose to use Greater Dispel Magic in one of three ways: a targeted dispel, an area dispel, or to suppress a spell-like or supernatural ability in one or more creatures:
- Dispel Spells: Greater Dispel Magic can be used to dispel one spell on the target creature or object with a Caster Check result of a Challenging DC, versus the target creature's CR or target object's caster level (this is identical to Dispel Magic (Druid Spell)). If the caster check result equals or exceeds a Hard DC for the target's CR or CL, it dispels up to two spells present on that creature or object. If the check result equals or exceeds an Impossible DC for the target's CR or CL, it dispels up to three spells present on that creature or object. As with Dispel Magic (Druid Spell), the spells removed can be selected by the dispelling caster if the spells or known, or are chosen randomly.
- Additionally, Dispel Magic, Greater has a chance to dispel any effect that Remove Curse (Cleric Spell) can remove, even if Dispel Magic (Druid Spell) cannot dispel that effect. The DC of this check is the same as if the curse were a spell (Challenging DC based on the casting creature's CR or triggering object's CL). If the curse effect comes from a permanent magic item, Dispel Magic, Greater does not remove the curse from the item, but it does free the victim from the item's effects.
- Area Dispel: When Greater Dispel Magic is used in this way, the spell affects everything within a 20-foot-radius burst. Roll one dispel check and apply that check to each creature in the area, as if targeted by Dispel Magic (Druid Spell). For each object within the area that is the target of one or more spells, apply the dispel check as with creatures. Magic items are not affected by an area dispel.
- For each ongoing area of effect spell whose point of origin is within the area of the Dispel Magic, Greater spell, apply the dispel check to dispel the spell. For each ongoing spell whose area overlaps that of the Greater Dispel Magic spell, apply the dispel check to end the effect, but only within the overlapping area.
- If an object or creature that is the effect of an ongoing spell (such as a monster summoned by any Summon Monster spell) is in the area, apply the dispel check to end the spell that conjured that object or creature (returning it whence it came) in addition to attempting to dispel one spell targeting the creature or object.
- You may choose to automatically succeed on dispel checks against any spell that you have cast.
- Suppress Abilities: Finally, Greater Dispel Magic can be used to temporarily suppress a spell-like or supernatural ability in one or more creatures within the range of the spell. This functions the same as Dispel Magic (Druid Spell), except that the caster may target more than one creature in range of the spell. The target DC remains a Challenging DC based on the highest CR of the target creatures, but the effective CR of the check's DC is increased by +2 for each additional creature after the first being targeted. This must be declared before the dispel check is rolled.
- Example: A caster wishes to suppress the Breath of Shadow ability (a supernatural ability) on several CR 15 Dragloths. The caster wishes to target a total of 3 of the dragloths present, which means the effective CR, for purposes of determining the DC of the check, is increased by 4 (+2 per dragloth after the first), making them effectively CR 19. To achieve a Challenging DC for CR 19, the caster must achieve at least a 43 on their check. If the result equals or exceeds this number, all three dragloths lose the ability to use this ability for 1 round (until the start of the caster's next turn). If the result is less than this number, the ability is not suppressed on any of the target dragloths. If the check result equals or exceeds a 47 (a Hard DC for CR 19), the Breath of Shadow ability is suppressed for 2 rounds on all three dragloths. If the check result equals or exceeds a 52 (an Impossible DC for CR 19), the Breath of Shadow ability is suppressed for 3 rounds on all three dragloths.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|